for the last couple of days I’ve been trying to contact you, but I’ve just realized that you’re gone till the 8th. I’ve already invited everyone. It’s gonna be 10 people altogether. We need to have a rehearsal, but the whole thing shouldn’t be longer than 15 minutes. I talked to Wojtek and he’s going to New York soon. We have to practice with him as well. Did you menage to cut the can? I should have the whole list of works with translations ready by the end of the day.
Anyway, did I tell you that I’ll have a new assistant? Robert is leaving to study abroad and Agata will replace him. She’s gonna be in San Francisco in June, maybe the two of you could meet there? Besides, Adam is in hospital because of kidney inflammation, but they should discharge him in a week. I visited him yesterday, hospitals in Warsaw are pretty gross. Send him an email maybe, but you know how bad he is with replying.
1. Take the phone. Unplug the charger. Weź telefon. Odłącz ładowarkę.
2. Unlock and open the Skype application. Odblokuj i otwórz aplikację Skype.
3. Call Paweł Kruk. Zadzwoń do Pawła Kruka.
4. After the call, please connect the phone to the charger. Po rozmowie, jeśli możesz, podłącz telefon do ładowania.
At the gallery there is only a mobile phone with Skype installed (only audio without video), and the visitors in order to hear the works need to make a phone call to Paweł Kruk (one hour artists, based in Bolinas, near San Francisco). Paweł will ‚have‘ all of these works and will be ready to read them out load to those who will call him (in English or Polish). Between Warsaw and California there are 9 hours of time difference, so the gallery is open between 4 pm and 8 pm Warsaw time.
1. Jiří Kovanda, I’m waiting for someone to call me., 1976
2. Ewa Zarzycka, A message to husband, professor of Earth Sciences / Wiadomość do męża, profesora Nauk o Ziemi, 2016 3. Hanne Lippard, 100% internet, 2014
4. Wojciech Bąkowski, Falling asleep out of anxiety 2 / Zasypianie z nerwów 2, 2014
5. Sebastian Buczek, Poland is not yet lost /Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła, 2016
6. Paweł Althamer, Wicket gate / Furtka, 2016
7. Igor Savchenko,Trapp’s balance / Balans Trappa, 2015
8. Patricia Esquivias, Generalísimo, Castellana, Za Żelazną Bramą, 2016 9. Mario García Torres, Chinese Whispers / Głuchy telefon, 2009
10. David Horvitz, Walk until you don’t know where you are. / Idź, dopóki nie będziesz wiedział, gdzie jesteś., 2016
Dawid Radziszewski Gallery
PAWEŁ ALTHAMER, WOJCIECH BĄKOWSKI, SEBASTIAN BUCZEK, PATRICIA ESQUIVIAS,
MARIO GARCÍA TORRES, DAVID HORVITZ, JIŘÍ KOVANDA, HANNE LIPPARD,
IGOR SAVCHENKO, EWA ZARZYCKA
I’m waiting for someone to call me.
15.05 – 04.06.2016
ul. Krochmalna 3